Thursday, June 21, 2007

AARON...COME BACK!

My little escapee.


So this was probably one of the most terrifying days of my life. Today after swim lessons we decided to stay after. In order to do this, we had to go back out of the pool and wait in line. While we were waiting in line Aaron was playing around in the grass and found an escape hole to the other side of the pool. I ran as fast as I could (six months pregnant mind you) and tried to stop him and I just wasn't fast enough! Imagine I am standing on one side of this fence looking right at my son telling him to come back and he just turns looks at me and then starts running away. I start screaming at someone to stop my son, because I really have no idea where he is going to end up at this huge swimming pool, and he has been there enough times to feel very comfortable going anywhere. Finally somebody runs over and I am hollering at them get my red headed son I can't reach him and they turn and start bolting away by this time he is about out of our sight. As she runs after him I start pushing my way through the gate telling everyone "My son has escaped just let me through." Luckily no one stopped me and by the time I made my way around to find him, he was making his way toward the slides, running away from my new friend that I made at the pool. I picked him up and he says something like "Hi." Talk about losing all sense of control. That was freaky. He had no idea what he had done wrong and I had no idea what to tell him other than we are going home and that we have had enough water for one day. Next time we are bringing the stroller with him strapped in tight. I must have looked like mad woman running around with my six month old pregnant belly. I don't think I will ever forget his little face looking at mine with the fence between us and him just taking one step away from me without me being able to do anything!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAH! Oh my word, Wendy, I can't even imagine how panicked you must have been! I was feeling panicked FOR you, just reading about it! I'm glad everything's ok, but man, scary! Welcome to motherhood, huh?

Daddy said...

Its my fault- Aaron did the same thing with me several days earlier, except I was barely able to catch him before he got away. I'm not pregnant, so I move just a little faster! The gap in the fence is invisible from where we sit, you have to walk around to the side in order to know its there. I had forgotten to tell Wendy about it, and Aaron remembered. By the time Wendy knew what had happened, he was already through the fence. Wendy is such a good mom, she raised the biggest racket she possibly could and pushed past people to get in there! My children can't be any safer than they are with her- if something does happen, it gets taken care of as fast as possible!!! I love my family!!!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I remember days like your swim experience. Parenting sure teaches
us a lot. Good luck with your housing. I'm praying for you. You will
relax a bunch once that problem is solved. Hugs, Julia

Anonymous said...

I am soooo sorry!
I know the fright of such an overwhelming experience where you can do nothing to change the outcome.